Make private companies happy. Don’t worry about the environment. Stop fretting about long-term sustainability. Forget renewables, property concerns, the safety of our water and air. Make private companies happy.
This was the 43rd president's message to the current administration at the DUG East conference held by the shale gas industry on Thursday.
With characteristic bluntness, George W. Bush spoke his mind on energy policy to several thousand oil and gas executives gathered in Pittsburgh at an exclusive luncheon on Wednesday.
"I think the goal of...
Albert F. Jacobs
Stance on Climate Change
". . .to this day, there is no scientific proof that human-caused C02 is the main cause of global warming." 
"It should be realized that 'human-caused global warming' is a dogma that underlies 'Kyoto'. It has never been proven." 
Jacobs wrote a complaint (PDF) to the CBC regarding their broadcast of "An Inconvenient Truth," describing it as a "propaganda video."
The declaration suggests that no action should be taken to curb climate change and that "human-caused climate change is not a global crisis."
1. Global climate change is constant throughout history.
2. Humans have contributed CO2, but there is no correlation between global temperatures and atmospheric CO2.
3. Global warming temperature models are flawed.
4. Climate change is natural.
- Albert F. Jacobs and Gerrit van der Lingen, "The Dutch and the Sea Level Rise" (PDF), De Krant, February 2011. Republished by the Friends of Science.
This article argues that global warming has no affect on sea levels, and that estimates by the UN IPCC on rising sea levels were "uncertain and politically motivated projections" as well as "unnecessarily alarming."
- "If Kyoto is so Flawed, Why do so Many Scientists and Politicians Support it?" (PDF). National Citizens Coalition, July 2007. Republished by Friends of Science.
"If Kyoto is so Flawed, Why do so Many Scientists and Politicians Support it?" (PDF), National Citizens Coalition, July 2007. Republished by Friends of Science.
"In the beginning: Friends of Science, Talisman Energy and the de Freitas brothers," Deep Climate, December 2, 2009.
Charles Montgomery. "Mr. Cool," Globe and Mail, August 12, 2006. Republished at charlesmontgomery.ca.
"QUALIFIED ENDORSERS NOT AT CONFERENCE," International Climate Science Coalition. Accessed January, 2012.
"CSPG BACKGROUNDER TO GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE" (PDF), friendsofginandtonic.org.