- Professor Emeritus (Geology).
According to the International Climate Science Coalition, Cliff Ollier is a geologist, geomorphologist, soil scientist, emeritus professor, and honorary research fellow of the School of Earth and Geographical Sciences University of Western Australia. 
Ollier has written articles for the Lavoisier Group, an organization with close to the Australian mining industry. He is also on a scientific advisory panel to the Australian Climate Science Coalition (ACSC).
Stance on Climate Change
“Paul Johnson (2008) wrote that the greenhouse bandwagon is like Marxist or Freudian science. A better parallel might be with Lysenko pseudo-science.” 
“The global warming doomsday writers claim the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are melting catastrophically, and will cause a sudden rise in sea level of 5 or more metres. This ignores the mechanism of glacier flow which is by creep.” 
July 11, 2008
Attended the Lavoisier Group's 2008 Forum on “The Solar System and Earth's Climate” where he spoke on “Memories of Rhodes Fairbridge,” an Australian Climate Skeptic who had proposed a theory that the alignment of the planets controls climate on Earth. Fairbridge passed away in 2006. , 
March 4, 2008
Listed as “Climate Expert” signatory to the Manhattan declaration on climate change which asserts that “human-caused climate change is not a global crisis” and that CO2 “is not a pollutant but rather a necessity for all life.” 
The Declaration was created by the ICSC and introduced at the Heartland Institute's 2008 International Conference on Climate Change.
Dec 20, 2007
Ollier's name appeared on a Submission from the Lavoisier Group to the Garnaut Climate Change Review (PDF) as one of “400 prominent scientists” who “voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called 'consensus' on man-made global warming.”
The list was released by Senator James Inhofe's U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.
December 13, 2007
Ollier signed an open letter to secretary-general Ban Ki-Moon of the United Nations. The letter claims that “in stark contrast to the often repeated assertion that the science of climate change is 'settled,' significant new peer-reviewed research has cast even more doubt on the hypothesis of dangerous human-caused global warming.” 
This list of signatories was reprinted and extended by the Lavoisier Group (see above) and submitted to the Garnaut Climate Change Review as a further attempt to stall policy on global warming.
A full list of Ollier's publications is provided by the University of Western Australia. Most of his peer-reviewed publications are in the field of geology, but include one article on the subject of climate:
- Yim, W.W.S., Ollier Cliff D. “Managing planet Earth to make future development more sustainable: climate change and Hong Kong,” Quaternary Sciences 29, no. 2 (2009), 190–198.
Ollier has also published an article in Energy & Environment*.
- “Lysenkoism and Global Warming” (PDF), Energy & Environment 20 no. 1 (2009): pp. 197–209.
* According to a search of WorldCat, a database of libraries, Energy & Environment is carried in only 25 libraries worldwide. The journal is not included in Journal Citation Reports, which lists the impact factors for the top 6000 peer-reviewed journals.
It received criticism for publishing a controversial article by Sallie Baliunas and Willie Soon. The editor of Energy and Environment, Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen has stated that “it’s only we climate skeptics who have to look for little journals and little publishers like mine to even get published.”
He has also published opinion papers and reviews on the Lavoisier Group Website such as:
- “Tuvalu—the touchstone of global warming and rising sea level.” Online Opinion, November 26, 2010. Republished by the Lavoisier Group.
- “Review of Nils-Axel Mörner's The Greatest Lie Ever Told” (PDF), New Concepts in Global Tectonics Newsletter, no. 44, September, 2007, 55–57. Republished by the Lavoisier Group.
- “Glaciers—Science and Nonsense” (PDF), Geoscientist 20, no. 3 (March 2010). Republished by the Lavoisier Group.
- “The Greenland-Antarctica Melting Problem Does Not Exist” (PDF), The Lavoisier Group. Also republished by ICECAP.
“MEDIA RELEASE - CLIMATE REALIST DECLARATION TOPS 1,100 ENDORSERS,” International Climate Science Coalition. Accessed February, 2012.
“UWA Staff Profile: Professor Cliff Ollier,” University of Wester Australia. Accessed February, 2012.
“Lysenkoism and Global Warming” (PDF) Energy & Environment Vol. 20, No. 1 (2009).
“The Greenland-Antarctica Melting Problem Does Not Exist” (PDF), The Lavoisier Group, 2007.
“The Lavoisier Group 2008 Forum and AGM: The Solar System and Earth's Climate,” The Lavoisier Group. Archived July 20, 2008.
“CLIMATE EXPERTS WHO SIGNED MANHATTAN DECLARATION,” International Climate Science Coalition. Accessed February, 2012.
“Open Letter to the Secretary-General of the United Nations,” December 13, 2007. Reprinted by the Science and Public Policy Institute.