The Liberty Institute is a free market think tank located in New Delhi, India. Founded in 1996, it describes itself as "dedicated to empowering the people by harnessing the power of the market." and it seeks to "build understanding and appreciation of the four institutional pillars of a free society – Individual Rights, Rule of Law, Limited Government and Free Market." 
The Institute conducts research and advocacy on public policy issues and its areas of interest include development economics, education, environment, health, security, and trade.
According to the Institute's original website, "Although the socialist empire has collapsed, many of us think that the intellectual and ethical attractions of the socialist ideal have remained strong." 
Stance on Climate Change
"The climate always changes. The issue is whether it is man induced, anthropogenic global warming or it is a natural cycle of various factors from solar cycles to the ocean temperatures. I think the issue is not so much the science. I think the fundamental problem is the tendency to use science for a particular policy outcome. I think the science is never and answer. . . . Science cannot give us an answer on anything." 
According to their original website, The Liberty Institute "solicits the support of all freedom loving individuals and organizations. It does not accept funding from governmental agencies." It does not list details on those donors.
Board of Trustees
- Mohit Satyanand — Chairman
- V.S.P. Kurup
- Anil Patel
- Sundar Daniel
- Tanmayee Dass
- K. Jaisim
- Barun S. Mitra — Managing Trustee
Board of Advisors
- Vikram Bajaj — Managing Director, Uncle Chipps Company, India.
- Gurcharan Das — Author, management consultant, Chairman of the Advisory Board, Citibank India, and former CEO of Procter & Gamble, India,
- J. J. Dutta — IFS (retd.), former Chief Wildlife Warden of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Deepak Lal — James S. Coleman Professor of International Development Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Tibor R. Machan — Distinguished Fellow and Professor, Leatherby Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Ethics, School of Business and Economics, Chapman University, California, USA.
- Rita Simon — American University, Washington, DC, USA.
- Rakesh Wadhwa — Executive Director, Casino Everist, Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Liberty institute regularly hosts its own conferences on climate change in India "bringing together scholars to dispassionately discuss the various facets of climate science, science policy, and the various economic policy options." 
For example, in February, 2011, the Institute hosted a conference titled "The Unsettled Science Of Global Warming: Where Do We Go From Here" by Indian climate change skeptic Madhav Khandekar.
The conference description said the event "will survey the global warming science and will highlight several uncertainties in the science" and "present an alternative approach of a simple adaptation strategy to 'combat' future climate change." 
May 21 - 23, 2012
The Liberty Institute is listed as a Co-Sponsor of the Heartland Institute's 7th International Conference on Climate Change. 
The Liberty Institute helped publish the Heartland Institute's 2011 NIPCC report in India.
The Liberty Institute is a member of the Civil Society Coalition on Climate Change.
The following "Liberty Partners" are listed on the Liberty Institute's website:
- 7th International Conference
- Alternate Solutions Insitute
- Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- EFN Asia
- Freedom to Trade
- Friedrich Naumann Stiftung - Für Die Freiheit.
- India FNF Alumni Network
- Initiative for Public Policy Analysis
- Inter Region Economic Network (IREN)
- International Policy Network
- Liberty New Central
- Minimal Government Thinkers, Inc.
- The Adventures of Jonathan Gullible: A Free Market Odyssey
"Liberty Institute," indefenceofliberty.org, May 17, 2012.
"Is Climate Change Real?", Transcript from "Face The Nation" with Sagarika Ghose. Reproduced by the Liberty Institute, January 20, 2010.
"Challenging Climate: Exploring the intellectual climate surrounding the planet's climate," Liberty Institute, India, March 22, 2012.
"The Unsettled Science Of Global Warming: Where Do We Go From Here," Liberty Institute, February 15, 2011.
"Cosponsors," 7th International Conference on Climate Change. Accessed May 19, 2012.
"Liberty Institute," SourceWatch.